Personally, what can explain to me is the coincidence that Rumi wrote a Masnavi as “the Quran in Persian”, his disciple Iqbal claimed about his own poetry that it contained nothing but the essence of the Quran; out of this literature a sovereign state was conceived but the British Viceroy didn’t agree with Muslims about when it should be born and for his very own reasons he thrust upon them a moment several months ahead of their preference, and, that very moment turned out be Ramazan 27.
For many spiritually inclined Pakistanis, one of the most special things about their country is that its date of birth – the midnight of August 14 and 15, 1947 – coincided with Shab-i-Qadr:
- Indeed We revealed this on the Night of Power:
- And what will explain to you what the Night of Power is?
- The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
- Therein come down the angels and the Spirit by their Lord's permission, on every errand:
- Peace it is till the rising of the dawn.