Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pakistan 2007-2026

This is an explanation of the original post about the next 20 years of Pakistan. I am neither being swayed by pessimism, nor by optimism because I don't believe in either: just like Iqbal I am a meliorist (look up "meliorism" on Wikipedia if you haven't heard about it before).

In other words, no matter what discord and devastation the provinces of Pakistan may witness between 2010 and 2026, they seem destined to discover a profound working unity in 2027. It might turn out to be a unity unlike any other in theworld, and a ready source of formidable moral force.

By no means am I suggesting that the road is going to be easy - for all we know, many of us might not survive to see that day if we do not make the right choices now. "Where there is no vision, people perish," Iqbal used to quote from the prophet Solomon.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings,

    I'm very glad that I discovered this today. Thank you very much for this.

    All good wishes,

    robert

    ReplyDelete